It’s almost time to FALL BACK … coming this Saturday, October 31, 2015 is the Extra Hour of Sleep you all have been wishing for to enjoy an extra hour at that Fall Festival; Halloween Party or Just Because it is Saturday Night!
So before I close here are some things you might not have known about Annual Clock Change:
- Benjamin Franklin got this whole Daylight Savings time started through his essay suggesting people could save candles by getting up earlier and making better use of available time.
- Englishman William Willett in 1907 championed the idea and word quickly spread
- In August 2005 we got our current timetable for Daylight Savings Time by then President George W. Bush who signed the Energy Policy Act that officially set when these days would be
- Hawaii and most of Arizona do not follow DST
- In the spring, that hour of lost sleep has been linked to increased risk of heart attacks OUCH
- Why they set 2 a.m. as time change is that is considered to be the least disruptive time of the day
- 27 Percent of Americans said the twice-yearly time change either makes them early or late on that specific date for all appointments
Until next time … keep it REAL … REAL FUN that is and Happy FALL Days! just brenda 🙂